Thursday, July 23, 2009

Today's Workouts

27.58 miles this morning wearing my Asics DS Trainer running shoes. Rough run from start to finish. Why? Not quite recovered from race 10 days ago, humidity has rolled in, and stayed up late watching a chick-flick with Sam and then back up at 4am to run. I was sweaty before I got to the end of my driveway.

Fluid intake. 16 oz water and 8 oz coffee before run, 1-20 oz and 2-24 oz bottles of sports drink during and a 24 oz bottle of recovery drink after. And my weight was still down a few pounds. I was sweating like a whore in church.

Got just a tease of rain to cool me off. At miles 10 and 18 it rained for about 30 seconds. Barely enough to help. It was kinda like your first kiss with your beloved, just enough to give you a glimpse of what is to come and enough to make it worthwhile to keep going. The only thing that got me through the last few miles was Morphine, the band not the drug. Although the drug would have helped even more. Finally during the last 5 minutes it started pouring

No comments: