Friday, September 11, 2009

Pet Peeve Phriday

Business Buzzwords

Yo Dorks, no one thinks you are smart or cool when you use your stupid 'pithy' phrases.

Such as the following:

Actionable
Authenticity
Best of breed
Brain dump
Co-opetition
Disintermediate
Incentivize
Mindshare
Offline
Outside the box
Proactive
Repurpose
Solution
Synergy
Value-add

And the newest one that I despise is "Out of Pocket"
As in "I'm on vacation all next week so I will be out of pocket"
If you read about some guy in Maryland snapping during a business meeting and beating the snot out of one of his coworkers with a running shoe, that would be me.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Hi there! First time comment, long time reader. I have to say that I will implode if one more person says "agreeance"...as in, "are we in agreeance"? What happened to agreement? Make too much sense, did it? Happy Phriday.

Maurisa said...

Umm, I think you might need a vacation. . . or maternity leave. . .or something ;-)

Anonymous said...

Are you an English major?
My husband has alot of these dumb phrases too, but they are all so much used in his work, I even hear them on Fox news.

One of them I can't stand is
" bring to the table".
There are others but they escape me at the moment.
I am pleased to know I can post them here with compatriots in aggravation.