Friday, September 25, 2009

The Love of a Husband for his Wife is a Lovely Thing

A married couple was in a terrible accident where the woman's face was
severely burned. The doctor told the husband that they couldn't graft any
skin from her body because she was too skinny. So the husband offered to
donate some of his own skin. However, the only skin on his body that the
doctor felt was suitable would have to come from his buttocks.

The husband and wife agreed that they would tell no one about where the skin
came from, and requested that the doctor also honor their secret. After all,
this was a very delicate matter.

After the surgery was completed, everyone was astounded at the woman's new
beauty. She looked more beautiful than she ever had before! All her friends
and relatives just went on and on about her youthful beauty!

One day, she was alone with her husband, and she was overcome with emotion at
his sacrifice.

She said, "Dear, I just want to thank you for everything you did for me.
There is no way I could ever repay you."

"My darling," he replied, "think nothing of it. I get all the thanks I need
every time I see your mother kiss you on the cheek."

No comments: