Friday, September 25, 2009

Pet Peeve Phriday

Today's pet peeve is hospitals. Not the people that work there but having to go to them in general. Just the whole process of registering, waiting to be seen, the intial checkup by a nurse, then by a Dr, then the lab test, then the xrays, then the diagnosis, then the treatment etc...

I'm typing this from my Blackberry at around 2am this friday morning from a hospital's ER. So forgive me if my normally crappy grammar, spelling and typing is even suckier than usuall.

Sam and I came down here 3 hours ago cause she's been running a fever for 6 days and it was getting higher. So we are are hanging out in an ER room while she is being given antibiotics by IV and being stuck repeatedly like a human pin cushion. She's got more pricks in her arms than there are in congress.

Looks like we should be able to bust out of here in about an hour or so and get home in time to get a few hours sleep before the little darlings start waking up.

Don't get me wrong I am glad they can help her and get her straightened out and the hospital we are at this is pretty nice, a lot nicer than that dump we were at for the c-section lsat week. But two trips to the ER in the past 10 days is annoying. Plus there are a lot flu patients here. If I start oinking like a pig I'm going to be really ticked.

Oh well i'm tired and my thumbs hurt from typing on this keyboard thats smaller than brittany spears' mini-skirt. Plus i shouldn't rant when tired so i'll signoff for now.

4 comments:

Party of Eleven said...

Oh no! I hope she is feeling better! And that you guys got some decent sleep. Now I'm curious what hospitals you've been to lately...

momto5minnies said...

I hope your lovely wife is feeling better soon.

I agree ... the whole hospital procedure is long and frustrating.

Sam said...

delivered at PG...went to AA last night

Rob said...

Prince Georges County General Hospital for the birth – a real hell-hole and Anne Arundel Medical Center last night. It was like a Four Seasons compared to PG Hospital. I’d go to Dr Kevorkian before I’d go back to PG Hospital