Monday, September 9, 2013

Maintain It

Take care of your things and your things will take care of you...especially the big things: house and cars.

  • Do most of the regular scheduled care maintenance. Talk to a mechanic you trust (not the dealer) about what needs to be done and when.
  • Wash and wax the cars. Besides looking nice, it keeps the rust away
  • Change the filter in your AC/Furnace at least every 3 months, check the owner's manual for specifics. I change ours at the change of the seasons. 
  • Paint the outside of your house as needed. Peeling paint is more than just an eyesore. It allows the weather in and causes rot. I know, I just had a bunch of trim on the outside of our house replaced and there was some underlying damage. So even more work had to be done which meant more $$$.

What am I leaving off? Bikes? Tools? Yup keep those in good working order. What else?



***all posts applying to my family only - your results will be different***

No comments: