Friday, September 6, 2013

Tip of the Day

People often say things like, "you guys are out of debt, why do you keep saving?". That is exactly why we keep saving, to stay financially fit.

It's like the fit guy you see out running, he looks like he doesn't need to be running. That's cause he's out there everyday working at it. He's fit. I have running every day for over 1,000 days in a row. I could skip running for months and still look fit, but after awhile I would start to become an out-of-shape-fattie.

I could also stop saving for a few months and blow the money on stuff I don't need and on eating out. Sure I'd be ok financially, for awhile, but it would start to put us behind on our goals. Doing ok financially is a dangerous place to be, it's easy to get complacent and lose focus. We don't want to settle for mediocrity. We want to settle for awesome.



No comments: