Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Undisputed King of the Sardonic Catholic Dad Household

Normally I’m not one to gloat (Rob who are you kidding you mock the little kids when you beat them in Candyland) but you may have noticed that I haven’t posted much at all since the wee little babe was born 16 days ago. I just haven’t had time. I’m basically a slave or indentured servant around this place since the misses is laid-up. Not that I’m complaining. Waiting on that hot little minx is actually fun…especially the sponge baths.

Any who, my incredibly beautiful bride has been a posting machine (heck I would be one too if all did was lay around in bed all day nursing the baby and being waited on hand in foot by a foxy male nurse) she’s been providing daily updates on her trials and tribulations recovering from the c-section.

She was positive that she would finally have more weekly viewers than me for once. See we get a report once a week that has the average number of readers per day for that week. And I have beaten, crushed her spine into powder and used it to season my chili is more like it, for 1,000,000,000,000 weeks in a row. Ok it’s only been like a year and a half but the point is that she has never won . Not once! And low and behold the reports came out this morning and the still reigning champ is your humble servant Rob the Great, Rob the Invincible, Rob the Crusher of Pretenders to the Blogging King Crown. You would think she would know better after 20+ years of marital bliss then to mess with The Rob. Some people just take awhile for the lessons to sink in.

So I want to thank all my faithful readers, all 8 or you. You guys Rock! And this week’s checks are in the mail.

5 comments:

Sam said...

so may all your readers click over to me now+

Maurisa said...

Evil, just plain evil.

Rebecca Frech said...

You beat me by double or so.

I'm just glad that you deign to acknowledge my existence.

Sam said...

i dont know why everone thinks you are so darn funny anyway...cute yes, but funny---scandalist maybe!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back I have been checking regularly, thinking you must have SOMEthing to say about this cirucmstance, joke about the French something, anything to distract me from actually doing what I am supposed to be doing...
I did not realize you have been wearing out the Cabana Boy t shirt again!