Friday, October 18, 2013

Weekly Web Roundup

From Money Talk News

15 Low- and No-Cost Ways to Reduce Your Winter Energy Bill 

"As you dig out your sweaters and winter coats and prepare to ward off the cold, you also should think about ways to ward off higher energy bills in your home.
More than 90 percent of American households can expect to pay more to heat their homes this winter because of higher fuel costs, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration."

 
From Daily Finance

Retirement Planning With Just 3 Numbers 

"Professionals love complications. Trust me. I'm a lawyer. I know. We love using fancy words and really long sentences. Uttering something in Latin is even better. "Nunc pro tunc" is my personal favorite because it makes me feel like a time traveler.

Retirement planning should not be so complicated. We can put away the Monte Carlo simulators and fancy calculators. We don't need a thick, smartly-bound plan from a financial adviser. In fact, all we really need to understand are these three numbers:"



From Daily Finance

5 Reasons Why You're In Debt Up To Your Eyeballs 

"We've all seen the LendingTree commercials where the guy sarcastically says: "I'm in debt up to my eyeballs. I can barely pay my finance charges. Somebody help me!"

If that sounds like you, read on. Here are a few reasons why you're swimming in debt and what you can do about it."
 


From The Simple Dollar

Quickly Figuring Out the “Best” Option When Buying a Small Item 

"Many times in the past, I’ve talked about my process for figuring out a major purchase. I’ll consult Consumer Reports, I’ll talk to my social circle, and I’ll usually end up buying with reliability as a primary factor.
This process really helps for anything that’s expensive, because the time you invest in figuring out the right purchase, but what about a spur of the moment purchase?"


From Wise Bread

6 Reasons You're Not a Millionaire 

"In 2012, Australian mining tycoon Gina Rinehart was officially declared the richest woman in the world, boasting assets of more than $26 billion. Not long after, Rinehart took heat for an article she wrote for the Australian Resources and Investment Magazine, where she suggested that those who wanted what she had should "spend less time drinking or smoking and socializing and more time working."
 

 

 

No comments: