Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Top 10 Things Kids Really Want Parents to do with Them

From Lifehack.org

Here is a list of the top ten things students around the world said they remembered and loved most about their mothers.

1) Come into my bedroom at night, tuck me in and sing me a song. Also tell me stories about when you were little.
2) Give me hugs and kisses and sit and talk with me privately.
3) Spend quality time just with me, not with my brothers and sisters around.
4) Give me nutritious food so I can grow up healthy.
5) At dinner talk about what we could do together on the weekend.
6) At night talk to me about about anything; love, school, family etc.
7) Let me play outside a lot.
8) Cuddle under a blanket and watch our favorite TV show together.
9) Discipline me. It makes me feel like you care.
10) Leave special messages in my desk or lunch bag.

6 comments:

THE DONK IS ALWAYS WATCHING said...

now this i like... the pro-life one, not so much... doesnt seem like you to get so angry and bitter... thats my job... :)

plus, i am pro-choice so... ya know... raised by a woman who was a hippie... maybe thats why i wear pink so much... :)

Rob said...

you just proved my point about pro-choice people being mostly fat chicks...have you looked in the mirror lately? You need to run more :P

Anonymous said...

This is great- I think I will have my kids write their own lists today as a handwriting exercise in school!

Colleen said...

Do you and your wife spend time with each child alone? We have a hard time doing that, and we only have 4. I don't know how realistic that is....

Rob said...

Colleen we do try and spend time alone with all the kids. obviuosly we get to each kid each day. but if one of us is running errands we might take along the kid that is most in need of alone time. or take one out to lunch or breakfast once in awhile.

Leah of RamFam said...

Nutritious food, really? Don't think I'll thank my parents for all the yucky green stuff...