Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson - RIP

While, like Farrah, I didn't have a poster of MJ on my wall growing up, I did enjoy his music. Especially his music with the Jackson 5 and his early solo music.



Despite his well publicized scandals and peculiarities, I’m saddened by his death. He was an incredibly talented singer and dancer. In the 80’s he was as big as Elvis had been at his climax. He was part of the background of my life up during my teen years. And unlike a whole lot of music videos, his actually had something to do with the song lyrics.

And as Mike Drabik so correctly reminded me on my Farrah post

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon them.
May the souls of the faithful departed,
through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.


No comments: