Monday, June 22, 2009

My Fathers Day Goodies

So I made out like the only dame at a sailors convention. Besides being surrounded by my loving family...I got a bunch of loot too (all of it deserved of course).

My oldest child gave me the following t-shirts - don't know were she got this impression of me ;)





My bride gave me this t-shirt...and yes...she got a matching one...man we are going to look like dorks. I hope she doesn't make me wear them out in public. She probably has some couples retreat/encounter group lined up for us to go to together. You know, one of those things where you have to talk about stuff like your relationship and feelings.....lead by some middle-age touchy-feely ex-hippies who are more screwed up them I am......I get the chills and nauseous just thinking about it.

And no gift giving occasion would be complete with out some new running kicks.

For those keeping score at home: The blue and white running shoes are Asics DS-Trainer 14's and the red and white ones are Mizuno Wave Runner 12's
Shoe review to follow in a few weeks.

I also received some cash from one of my kids (one who actually works) to buy running shoes. And a veggie chopper (so I can cook more for my wife?) and some Epsom salts to soak my sore dogs in.

As an added bonus two of my boys did a kids Triathlon Father's Day morning...post on that tomorrow...

2 comments:

wife said...

you forgot lizzie and caleb's gift from stuebenville!!! +JMJ+

Rob said...

I did the post before they got home from the retreat and gave me the Shirt for the Unniversity of Stuebenville