Tuesday, March 9, 2010

American Idol 2010

Top 8 Girls

Katie “I’m 17 but I sing Old Lady Songs” Stevens – “Break Away” by Kelly Clarkson. So she chooses a more modern song but makes it seem old and somewhat boring. She could be done for, good voice or not she keeps choosing the wrong songs. Simon says "You kind of sucked the energy out of it and made it kind of gloomy." Grade C-
Siobhan “The One” Magnus – “House of the Rising Sun” by The Animals. Ok loved and loved her improved look. The tri-fecta of irrelevant judges liked her but Simon the Terrible did not. Boo Simon. Grade A

Lacey “Pretty Eyes” Brown – "The Story" by Brandi Carlile. I like Lacey. I know she hasn’t done well but I like her look and her voice. Randy, Kara and Ellen like her too. Simon liked her too for a change. Grade B-

Katelyn “I Stuck my Finger in an Outlet” Epperly – “I Feel the Earth Move” by Carole King. Katelyn is rocking the big hair tonight which I like but my wife doesn’t for some reason. Blah. Too fast. Too cruise shipish or high school talent show. Hopefully her other performances will be enough to keep her around. RanEllAra don’t care for it either. Simon agrees with me about the hair and about the song. Grace D

Didi “The White Diva” Benami – “Rhiannon” by Fleetwood Mac. Didi is rocking the guitar tongight. Ok let’s see; I hate Fleetwood Mac, Didi is attractive and has a voice I like, this performance is boring me to sleep. Randy “no wow moment but better than last week”. Ellen says “blah blah blah”. Kara, who is apparently high, says it was one of her favorite moments of the night. Simon has been sharing the bong tonight. Grade C-

Paige “Where did all the Other Sisters go?” Miles – “Smile” by Charlie Chapin – What the heck is going on? Is this slow song night and I didn’t get the memo? I’m already exhausted from not sleeping well last night and this is doing me in. Las Vegas salesman convention material. RanEllAra no like it either. Simon rips her pretty good which good work in her favor. Grade D-

Crystal “What is Soap?” Bowersox – “Give me One Reason” by Tracy Chapman – She is great. Always good and confident. And the judges rave too. Grade A

Lilly “I Buy Peroxide in Bulk” Scott – “I Fall to Pieces” by Patsy Cline – this song is not Lilly. What is going on tonight? What’s with the little eltric mandolin? And she looks like she is 4 months preggers. Ok its growing on me a bit. RanEllAra likes it. Simon calls it quirky cute but not Wow. Grade B-

Who is gone next week? How about Katie and Paige

No comments: