Friday, August 23, 2013

Tip of the Day

Do not put saving for your kid's college education ahead of saving for your retirement. Sacrificing your financial future is not worth it. There are plenty of ways for your kids to get a college education if they want to. The only way you are gonna retire in comfort and dignity is to save now. You aren't winning the Lotto, some long lost rich uncle probably isn't gonna leave you a fortune and you aren't marrying some rich sugar-momma. (but if you figure out how to pull off any of those three, please let me know)

My children's college diplomas are not going to feed me in my old age. Nor do I want to be a financial burden to my kids or forced to eat Purina.

Our kids are taught early and often that they will be paying for their own college if they choose that route.

In the immortal words of Caddyshack:

Danny Noonan: I planned to go to law school after I graduated, but it looks like my folks won't have enough money to put me through college.

Judge Smails: Well, the world needs ditch diggers, too.

***all posts applying to my family only - your results will be different***


No comments: