Financial articles from around the web.
From Wise Bread 30 Signs That You Were Raised by Frugal Parents
1. You skip the headlines in the Sunday paper and head straight for the sales inserts.
2. You’ve washed (or seriously considered washing) tin foil to use it a second time.
3. You remember smuggling homemade snacks into the Saturday matinee.
4. You know how to buff your shoes to high shine by adding a bit of water or heat to the polish.
5. You’ll still stop to pick up a penny...
From Money Talk News The Worst and Best Ways to Destroy Debt
"Multiple credit card bills each month, with balances that are
growing, not shrinking. Student loans. Plus a car payment. Do you feel
buried by a mountain of debt?
There are smart ways to dig your way
out. Pick the wrong way and you’ll make a bad situation much worse,
adding years and thousands of dollars to your burden..."
From Daily Finance How to Start Saving for Retirement Now: 5 Tips for 20-Somethings
"If you're in your 20s, retirement can feel like it's a lifetime away.
And it is -- but that's exactly why you should start thinking about it
now: A long time frame is the greatest advantage you have as an
investor. By getting a solid foundation in place early, you set yourself
up to cruise to a far more comfortable retirement than anyone who waits
until their 30s or later to start saving..."
From Money Crashers 8 Tips for Garage Sale Pricing – How to Price Garage Sale Items
"Garage sales can be intimidating, especially if you’re not one for haggling or confrontation. But as a buyer or a seller, you can lose money if you don’t know how to approach the process..."
From Christian PF When to Reach Out For Financial Help
"Accounts are delinquent...Bill collectors are calling..."