Friday, October 31, 2008

EOTWAWKI

    Another installment of occasional updates on how we are doing out there

  • Starbucks is no longer providing insulators on their cups unless explicitly asked

  • Japanese stocks have lost 50% of their value...bringing the index down to the 8,000 range, the lowest it’s been since 1982!

  • GM is now trading in the $5 range – a price it last saw 60 years ago

  • The California pension system has lost $37 billion over the last 12 months

  • In September, 159,000 layoffs were recorded

  • Whirlpool just announced 5,000 job cuts.

  • American Express, hammered by the credit crisis, says it will slash 7,000 jobs as part of a drastic cost-cutting initiative

Only one of these is false

Answer - the CA pension system has lost $67 billion

1 comment:

Roger Miller said...

Hmmm. Those bastards at Starbucks want me to burn my hands, seems to be too obvious. Then again, I don't drink their hot stuff, only the icy fattening sludge for me.

Is GM really that low?

I really don't think that there were 159,000 layoffs in September, I would like to believe that I would remember that.

Flipping coin...

Flipping another coin...

Winner is...

Starbucks?!?