Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Where's the Beef?

Well it's right here!

CLEARFIELD, Pa. - It took Brad Sciullo 4 hours and 39 minutes to finish a marathon. A meat marathon, that is.

The 5-foot-11, 180-pound western Pennsylvania chef is the first person to eat a monstrosity called the Beer Barrel Belly Bruiser: a 15-pound burger with toppings and a bun that brought the total weight to 20.2 pounds. The mountain of beef is the product of Denny’s Beer Barrel Pub, about 100 miles northeast of Pittsburgh in Clearfield.

The burger included a bun, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, onions, mild banana peppers and a cup each of mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard and relish, pub owner Dennis Liegey said.

For completing the challenge in the under-five-hour time limit, Sciullo won $400, three T-shirts, a certificate “and a burger hangover, as I call it,” Liegey said.


A meat marathon?! Why didn't I think of that? Sounds like a lot more fun than the running kind of marathon I did a few weeks ago. Instead of having sore legs for a week, I'd have a sore stomach and rear-end. I wonder if it comes with some laxatives on the side - that thing looks like it could seriously stop up the old plumbing (I guess you could always call Joe the Plumber).

Doesn't say if dude went to the bathroom a lot during the 4+ hours. I'm guessing binge n' purge was against the rules. So no Super Models need apply.

Man that is a really cool looking burger. I think I need to take the family there for dinner. One of those should just about do us. I checked out Mapquest and it's only around 225 miles away. Hey Hunny, you up for a road trip?

Here is the website for Denny's Beer Barrel Pub. They have a whole assortment of different burgers. 2 pound, 3 pound, the 15 pound one mentioned above ($49.95), a 50 pounder ($179.95) and a 100 POUND PLUS sucker that goes for $379.95 - No I don't think my family could eat that one.

No comments: