Saturday, September 27, 2008

Move Over Chubby Hubby

it's time for our newest flavors from Ben and Jerry's, Lactating Lady, Boobie Bonanza and Milky Momma.

PETA asks Ben & Jerry's to use breast milk

MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Ice cream made from breast milk? That's what the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream to consider making.

The Virginia-based nonprofit group sent a letter to company co-founders Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield on Tuesday asking them to use human breast milk instead of cow's milk in their products.

PETA said the health of consumers and cows would benefit from the switch.

Ben & Jerry's spokesman Rob Michalak said the company applauds PETA's creative approach to bring attention to an issue, but believes that a mother's milk is best used by a child.


Now I would normally ignore anything coming from PETA but this was just too good to pass up. I realize that PETA knows it's not realistic for Ben and Jerry's to switch from cow's milk to human breast milk and that they are just tyring to make a point. Even they have to realize that it would take a few million Pamela Anderson's to replace all the cow's milk that they use in ice cream.

4 comments:

momto5minnies said...

THAT IS JUST WEIRD!I would rather see (donated) mother's milk go to real babies and not to grownups indulging in the "spensive" ice cream.

I think it sounds creepy.

Anonymous said...

I read PETA felt it was unfair to dairy cows and calves to be milking them. I have nursed 9 children and have been lactating literally for years. What are these crazy people thinking, I mean have any of them ever used a breast pump. Talk about cruel and unusual punishment.

Rachel said...

That's frickin hilarious! I will be laughing about this for days. And I *need* a good laugh...trust me.

Mairin :o) said...

I highly doubt Pamela Anderson's monstrocities would function as God intended. You'd probably get more out of a turnip.