Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Well This Explains a Lot

Bed sharing 'drains men's brains'

“Sharing a bed with someone could temporarily reduce your brain power - at least if you are a man - Austrian scientists suggest.
According to the New Scientist study, women who share a bed fare better because they sleep more deeply.”



I always said these kids of mine were making me stupid. Now I have proof. I guess Sam and I should have separate beds like Ricky and Lucy. I'm just happy that I now have a great excuse for being a big dummy.

I guess we can deduce a lot about the personal lives of smart males now also. I will now look with pity on my smart friends. Sure they might be smarter and have better jobs because of it but the trade-off hardly seems worth it.

The next time I do something stupid. Like nail my hand to roof or drive my car off without taking out the gas pump, and one of my smart friends gives me a hard time. I can just shake my head knowingly and lament his poor home life. While he is playing online chess with Swen from Norway at night I'll be cuddled up with Hunny.

So if the choice is between having my sweetie with me in bed and being a moron or sleeping alone and being smart…well all I have to say about that choice is, Duh!

5 comments:

Sam said...

I love you and especially love when you let me put my cold feet on your hot Italian feet. +JMJ+

momto5minnies said...

I'm with your wife ... well, except that I put my cold feet on my husbands ;)

Dumb and happy is better than smart and lonely.

CJ Sweet said...

That is a hoot! But I think this study should come with a caveat: women sleep more deeply as long as their husband's don't snore! My hubby could sleep through an earthquake, but I am up and down all night trying to sleep through his rhythmic rumblings. Like you though, I'd rather go with poor sleep, then sleep without the honey!

Anonymous said...

Geesh! We sleep more soundly as long as our husbands don't snore OR the kids aren't yakking OR the neighbor's dog isn't barking OR we aren't waiting up for the last kid home OR we remember at 3 am that we forgot to send in the mortgage payment, etc, etc, etc. I can count on one hand the nights when I have slept deeply in the last 23 years!! So much for scientists; they must have all been men.

Sharon

Catherine said...

And, when one kid come in your bed in the middle of the night?
Can we consider that duplicates the risk of reducing brain?
Or we, Mom, risk less in that case, because we're the only one to wake up when our youngest child lie down in the middle of our bed?