Wednesday, September 17, 2008

So When Does He Get His Lightsaber?

Josh finished up his two week spiritual exercises at the seminary this past Sunday. All the young men entering the novitiate were then presented their Jedi Robes, I mean cassocks. He has now officially entered seminary life and is known as Brother Joshua. The novitiate is a 2 year discernment process, heavy on the prayer and light on the study.


Hopefully he won't turn get his legs cutoff, roasted like a hot dog over a campfire and turn to the dark side.

I still think they should give him a Lightsaber too. They can come in very handy for Catholics.

5 comments:

Maurisa said...

Rob,

I think you may have hit on something there: Want to look like a Jedi? Become a Priest! I'm sure you could come up with a much better slogan. I'm not nearly as clever and funny as you.

He looks so holy in his cassock. I'll be sure to add him to our list of intentions for the next, oh 100 years or so.

momto5minnies said...

Your heart must be swelling with pride!

I will certainly pray for him ...

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!!! love this post...

best to josh...

Catherine said...

Hope your son get the opportunity to read your blog too!

Rachel said...

How totally cool. He looks awesome!