Saturday, April 26, 2008

Halfway to 80 Babe and Looking Great

Today is my beloved bride Sam’s 40th birthday.
I’ve decided to keep her after all and not trade her in for two 20 years-olds (twins…girls), like I’ve been saying for years that I would do when she turned 40. Her response was always “If you think you can handle them dear, go right ahead”. That always shut me up.

For your 40th – 40 things I Love About You.

1. I love your soul
2. I love your face
3. I love your faith
4. I love your mind
5. I love being married to you
6. I love you body
7. I love your optimistic personality…even if it annoys me at times
8. I love that you homeshool our kids
9. I love that you have faith in me
10. I love the taste of the salt on your skin
11. I love waking up in the morning with your hair in my face
12. I love your smile
13. I love your hair…even though you cut it short
14. I love you during labor
15. I love how hot you look when pregnant
16. I love that you stay home with the kids
17. I love that you support my working out
18. I love that you feel safe in my arms
19. I love how you cuddle up next to me in the winter for warmth
20. I love your laugh, the nice one, not the cackle
21. I love that you don’t like to go shopping
22. I love when you wear blue jeans and diamond stud earrings
23. I love you when you cry
24. I love that you can’t balance a checkbook and might not even know where we bank – that’s trust
25. I love to watch you sleep
26. I love that you don’t call me at work 20 times a day
27. I love how you can nurse a baby and coach a soccer game at the same time
28. I love when you make my lunch for work and put notes in it
29. I love when you rub my shoulders
30. I love when you hug me from behind
31. I love that you are the pick of the litter
32. I love when we pray together
33. I love that we are BFF’s
34. I love your eyebrows
35. I love your warmth
36. I love when you try and do new things on the computer
37. I love that you are more beautiful at 40 then you were at 16 when we met
38. I love how you are selfless
39. I love that I love your more today than the day we were married
40. I love TTN

7 comments:

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said...

What can I say to that? You are what make all those things work!!! All for the glory of God and the souls HE has intrusted to us!!! Thanks for being an amazing friend!!! +OXOX+your bride forever

Anonymous said...

nice job walt... now i see where the hug from behind came from... :)

thanks for having us... i hope i didnt eat TOO much of your food... it was great seeing you all (even that rotten caleb)!!! i really enjoyed it and love you guys dearly... (no sarcasm there btw)

dave

momto5minnies said...

How very sweet. 2- 20 year olds would be a lot of work and not nearly as nice to talk with.

Your wife sounds like a lovely woman! Happy birthday to her.

Gretchen said...

Beautiful post--it's important to say those kinds of things to each other--you did it well.

Happy Birthday to Sam!

Catherine said...

Happy belated birthday from France, Sam.
Beautiful post for a beautiful mind.