Friday, April 4, 2008

Phooey on April Showers

It’s rainy today and supposed to pick up this afternoon and into the night and Saturday morning.
This is bad for several reasons:

  • Caleb (15) has a soccer tournament. Normally I wouldn’t care if it got rained-out but they will just try and cram all the games in Sunday instead or move it to another weekend
  • Joey (10) has his first ever baseball game. I would hate for him to miss this. Especially since we just spent $30 on a cup to protect the possibility of future grandkids. A worthwhile investment.
  • The kids will be inside all day and this means they will be bugging us to watch TV all day. Or worse Sam will pull out the dreaded board games…Oh, the humanity.
  • I won’t be able to go cycling. This is a major bummer since my biking buddies really look forward to riding with me each Saturday. It’s the highlight of their week.
  • Although the outside honey-do list chores will be on hold the same can’t be said for the inside. And with 13 people living here, the place takes a beating. I did write the check for the plumber the other day. That should buy me some time.
  • May flowers are overrated. I mean show some consideration for those who are allergic to pollen



So pray, do your sun-dance or stick a pin in a Willard Scott voodoo doll…whatever it takes to get me some sun!

1 comment:

momto5minnies said...

I agree that sometimes that rain (which could be a blessing at times) really just makes a mess later on with make-up games. I would rather spread things out then to have he!! for a day.

I am so sick of the rain here. My backyard is flooded and the weeds are taking over. On top of that the lady next door who pays for her lawn service, just had her entire yard mulched and beautified. We share one flower bed and half of it looks sick. You can guess what half that is ;)

Praying for a clear day for you ...