Friday, April 11, 2008

Today's Workouts

4.5 mile run at lunch. Easy paced to loosen up the old legs from yesterday's long run. Weather was great again. 70 and mostly sunny.

Since this is a semi-Catholic blog, I'll relate my running to the faith. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays my running route goes through a cemetery. I pray for the dead while I run through there. As my family will tell you, I have some sort of mental block and can't seem to memorize the 'Eternal Rest' prayer (we try to say it after grace before every meal). I've just shortened it to: 'God Bless the dead people'. Figuring God knows what I mean. Of course the kids have all picked up on it now and I get THAT look from the DW whenever they use the short version.

Here is a copy of the prayer listed as a public service announcement for other husbands out there.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.


See, short and simple (like me). Don't know why I can't remember it. Heck I can remember almost every line from Caddyshack and Vacation

2 comments:

Blooming said...

If I'm not careful I start to think in French on long runs. Unfortunately, I have a limited vocabulary. Repeating things like "j'aime les filles" and "je m'appelle kayleigh" over and over again makes for a bad run.

Larry Denninger said...

LOL - "God bless the dead people". Kinda like a Cliff Notes for Catholics Prayers entry.