Tuesday, March 10, 2009

American Idol '09

Ranking the Top 13

My first crack at ranking the Top 13 before we get down to business tonight. I have it very top-heavy with the guys, but there seem to be a bunch of good male singers and only a few female. Normally I wouldn't predict Danny or Scott (especially Scott) to finish this high. But I think AI and FOX will be pimping their sob stories until we all want to puke. Neither of them is talented enough to win but no way the show's producer let them roll out of the contest early on.

  1. Adam "The Eye-Linnered Vampire" Lampert

  2. Danny "Did I Happen to Mention my Wife Died" Gokey

  3. Lil "Judges Pet" Rounds

  4. Kris "I'm Forgetable" Allen

  5. Scott "Did Idol Happen to Mention I'm Blind" MacIntyre

  6. Matt "I'm a 4th Rate Justin Timberlake" Giraud

  7. Anoop "I'm a PC not a Mac" Desai

  8. Alexis "Two-Tone" Grace

  9. Allison "Bad Dye Job" Iraheta

  10. Megan "Regular Wash Cycle' Corkery -

  11. Jasmine "Did Idol Tell You I Was Only 16" Murray

  12. Jorge "Paula Want Me" Nuñez

  13. Michael "I'll be the First Voted Off" Sarver

We will see how they all do now that they are allowed to use instruments if they want and with more help in the make-up, costume and choreograph and musical arrangement department.

And for what it's worth. Here are rankings from and article on MSN

1. Danny Gokey
2. Adam Lambert
3. Lil Rounds
4. Alexis Grace
5. Anoop Desai
6. Allison Iraheta
7. Jorge Nunez
8. Kris Allen
9. Megan Corkrey
10. Scott MacIntyre
11. Michael Sarver
12. Jasmine Murray
13. Matt Giraud

And a ranking from a TV blog

1. Kris Allen
2. Adam Lambert
3. Lil Rounds
4. Matt Giraud
5. Anoop Desai
6. Danny Gokey
7. Allison Iraheta
8. Alexis Grace
9. Scott MacIntyre
10. Megan Corkrey
11. Jorge Nunez
12. Jasmine Murray
13. Micahel Sarver

No comments: