Tuesday, May 20, 2008

19 Years and Still Going Strong Babe – We Rock

At the risk of sounding pretentious, I married my soul-mate 19 years ago today.

19 years

228 Months

988 Weeks

6935 days

166,440 Hours

3,994,560 Minutes

239,673,600 Seconds

Anyway you look at it, it's been a long time. But it's gone by fast.

We’ve done a lot:

11 kids

1 Donk

1 hospital birth, 2 birthing center births and 8 home births

50,000+ Diapers

99 months of pregnancy (you did)

120 months of breast feeding (once again you)

50 years of homeschooling (you again)

1 kid in college

1 heading to seminary in the fall

10’s of thousands of dollars spent on food

3 houses lived in

12 cars/vans

3 major career changes

1 Beautiful Wife

Priceless!



I can honestly say that I love you way more today than I did on our wedding day.
Year by year it just keeps getting better and better with you.

Thanks for marrying me. You complete me and make me a better person. Plus I’d probably be dead if I hadn’t met you.

I figure we got another 50 years in us.

Love,

Your true BFF

Ps – this post is taking the place of an anniversary card – do you know how much Hallmark wants for cards these days?

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Great post! You two sound like my Hunny and me. It is good to love well and be well loved.
Congratulations! The picture is adorable.

Anonymous said...

once again... nice job walt... happy anniversary!!!! mad love from the donk...

momto5minnies said...

That probably sums things up better than a card ... sweet photo too!

Congrats on the many years of happiness.

Anonymous said...

The world is a glorious place when you are lucky enough to find your other spirit. What a gift. May the next 50 be even more grand. All the best to you both on this happy occasion and always. Love, Auntie Ags and her precious other spirit, Uncle Mike

Catherine said...

I really think, and tell you once again that Sam is without a doubt your Muse. Read that post! Brilliant!
Soul-mate, that's the keyword, I like this word!
I wish you another 50 years you asked for , to improve this deep love if it is possible.
No joke on that subject. Admiration.