Thursday, June 19, 2008

An Inconvenient Hypocrite

NASHVILLE - In the year since Al Gore took steps to make his home more energy-efficient, the former Vice President’s home energy use surged more than 10%, according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research.

In the past year, Gore’s home burned through 213,210 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, enough to power 232 average American households for a month.

In February 2007, An Inconvenient Truth, a film based on a climate change speech developed by Gore, won an Academy Award for best documentary feature. The next day, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research uncovered that Gore’s Nashville home guzzled 20 times more electricity than the average American household.


HAHAHAHA – as soon as I can stop laughing – HAHAHAHAHA – I’ll comment – HAHAHAHA

Ok, I feel better now. Oh wait a minute – HAHAHAHA – Ok now I’m done, I promise.

Holy kilowatts! It sure takes a lot of electricity to invent the Internet.

I so love people going around (in Al’s case flying around in a Lear Jet or Gulfstream – that’s much better for the environment than flying commercial) telling others how to live their lives.

From the moralizing Rush ‘drug addict’ Limbaugh to Bill ‘gambling addict’ Bennett to the latest ‘family values’ politician to be caught with his pants down, this just keep getting funnier and funnier – or is it sadder and sadder?

My family of 13 uses way less electricity than Mr. Gore and we rarely fly, heck I can hardly spell Gulfstream.

So Al, buy a regular size home (or at least a smaller mansion) and fly coach and you just might save a penguin.

Al buddy old pal to help you out I’m going leave my new expensive air conditioner off for a few days…that should balance things out.

Yo Brother Al - Matthew 7: 3-5

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You are officially my new favorite blogger. I already linked your blog to mine on account of Mary's idea to end the war. Now I want to link it again because of this great post. My husband and I are your new big fans. Keep up the good work!

Sarah

Catherine said...

I'm so pleased that you read it too. Does A.GORE know that he is the laughting stock of many of us.
Can you imagine that this man won the Peace Nobel Prize as Mère Térésa! Isn't it something troubling here?
I would prefer to give him the Prize of the most OPPORTUNIST and DEMAGOGUE